Installing WordPress with MOJO Marketplace
Your ability to master the art of website design starts with being able to install WordPress and this is how you would do it through Bluehost (the installation process is similar for GoDaddy, HostGator, and DreamHost). MOJO is a program embedded in most hosting services, and it makes it very easy to install third party scripts (programs) to your hosting account. If you want your website to utilize free WordPress software (and you do), you can use MOJO to install it.
- Navigate to the MOJO Marketplace section inside cPanel.
- Click the One-Click Installs icon.
- Choose WordPress.
- Click the Install button.
- Choose the domain name to install it to.
In the field next to the domain, you can enter a subfolder such as ‘blog’ or leave it blank if you want the site’s main page to be the blog.
- If necessary, you can edit the email address, username, and password for the new WordPress installation. Click “advanced options” and you can change those settings.
- Read through the license and service agreements and check the boxes.
- Select the Install Now button.
That’s it! You’ve installed WordPress, and your website is ready to be developed.
Developing Your Website is EASY!
With all the free and paid online WordPress courses out there, you can attain excellent website development skills within a year or less. I recommend taking ten to twenty hours of tutorials then diving straight in. Keep in mind that is doesn’t matter how complex or simple a website is, it’s about implementing sound design principles and creating great content that readers will want to revisit.